Monday, June 7, 2010

My next read...

I just started Echo in the Bone by Diana Gabaldon today. I really admire her and love her novels, especially the Outlander series, of which this book is the last. AHHH! I hope it is as good as the rest of the series. I was telling my mom a few weeks ago that although I love the characters in these books and the story, I am ready for the series to complete itself because at some point the story becomes diluted and stretched too thin. It is not quite to that point but will be soon. The characters began at 23 years old and now they're in their upper 50's...after you turn 60, there is only so much adventure, craziness, intrigue, fighting, and bad luck your body can take, and they've already taken A LOT of that in the past 8 books...I'll be sad to see my favorite series go, but glad to see the protagonists actually get some rest. :).

No comments:

Post a Comment